You will receive the most advanced anaesthesia for the procedure. This will be twilight anaesthesia or IV sedation. Dr. Mihail COJOCARU will determine the best choice for your particular procedure. The surgery should take 2-3 hours.
There are two approaches to rhinoplasty.
- A closed procedure – where all incisions are hidden inside the nose.
- An open procedure – where the incision is made across the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils, called the columella
Once the incisions are made, the skin covering the nasal bones and cartilages is raised, giving access to reshape and sculpt the structure of the nose. Reducing a very large nose is accomplished by removing bone or cartilage. At other times, surgery requires the addition of cartilage grafts. This is done with cartilage from the septum – the portion found in the middle of the nose. Other times cartilage is taken from the ear, or rarely, from a section of the patients’ ribs. To correct a deviated septum, which causes breathing problems, it is straightened and the cartilage inside the nose is reduced or reshaped to improve breathing.
Once the surgery is complete, sutures are used to close the incisions. Following the surgery, the nose is packed with gauze. Splints may also be used, and both will be removed within a few days after surgery. Following your surgery you can recover at our luxury partner hotel. You will receive a care package from us and our staff is available to you while you stay with us. Should you desire, full room service is available to you. You will see the surgeon the day after your surgery and at specified intervals during the weeks following your surgery. This is done so that the surgeon can personally monitor your recovery process, and to ensure that you have the best results possible.
There will be swelling and bruising following rhinoplasty. To reduce swelling and bruising, you will need to rest in bed with your head raised. In order to further reduce your chance of bleeding and swelling, there are several precautions you can take after surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities
- Don’t use ice or cold packs on your nose
- Take baths instead of showers as long as you have bandages on your nose
- Don’t blow your nose
- Try to avoid extreme facial expressions – like laughing or smiling
- Wear clothing that buttons or zips in the front, in order to avoid pulling clothing over your head
- Avoid resting eyeglasses or sunglasses on your nose for a minimum of 4 weeks after surgery
- You may experience some swelling or black-and-blue discoloration of your eyelids. The discoloration will last for two to three weeks after your surgery. Swelling will take longer to dissipate.
Find out more
You can find out more about rhinoplasty on our blog pages. At „ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, we have a number of plastic surgeons experienced in rhinoplasty surgery. To book a free consultation, please call us on +40356177771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please fill out the contact box below and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
To book your free personalised rhinoplasty consultation: