Lip Augmentation (with Lip Injections)
Your lips not only frame words, describe smiles, and carry kisses, having full, plump lips is often considered a sign of good health, beauty and youth. If you are unhappy with your lips, but do not want to undergo surgery, do not have much time to spare, and wish to see results almost immediately, there is a quick, painless and seamless way to enhance them.
Lip Augmentation with injections is one of the most popular non-surgical treatments. Whether you were born with thin lips or your lips have thinned due to the natural ageing process, a lip augmentation performed by Dr. Mihail COJOCARU will add fullness, balance and body to your lips, and give you that softer, desirable look you desire.
What Is Lip Augmentation?
Studies show that wider, fuller lips and well-defined borders are widely considered to be attractive. At the London Lipo Institute, we therefore offer a non-surgical lip enhancement. In this treatment, ultra-fine needles are used to inject biodegradable Hyaluronic Acid Fillers into the lips for natural, long lasting and beautiful results. Dr. Mihail COJOCARU is highly experienced and skilled in performing this procedure to artistically create volume, shape, symmetry and proportion in the lips where none existed before.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Youthful skin is naturally rich in Hyaluronic Acid, a substance that binds water, thereby giving it volume, hydrating the skin, and promoting the softness and fullness of the face. As we age, the Hyaluronic Acid has a weaker effect, leading to a loss of volume and facial wrinkles. Used widely in general medicine, over 30 million people have been treated with Hyaluronic Acid worldwide. When injected, the Hyaluronic Acid is eventually absorbed and broken down by the body. Results therefore last from 3 months in very mobile areas, such as the lips, up to a year in regions, such as the nose or cheeks.
Your Lip Filler Options
Many options are available in Lip Fillers, with clinical differences being predominantly governed by how long the effects last and how the filler feels. There are some Hyaluronic Acid Fillers that help to smooth and improve hydration of the lips, while others have more volumizing properties that can contour the lips, correct asymmetry, and plump up tired and deflated lips subtly. At the London Lipo Institute, we use only the latest brands of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers to give softer, more natural results and cause less discomfort and bruising to our patients. During your consultation, Dr. Mihail COJOCARU will recommend which of the brands Juvederm®, Restylane® or Teosyal® will be most suited to your specific needs. Such Lip Fillers may differ slightly in terms of consistency (thickness), durability and cost, but all contain non-animal derived Hyaluronic Acid, and are MHRA approved, safe and effective. Once injected, these substances will lift, add volume, and help diminish fine lines for long-lasting results. Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid-based Fillers:
- Proven safe and effective – approved by MHRA
- Provides instant improvement to the lips
- Quick and easy procedure (take less than 20 minutes), there is no downtime
- Soft, natural results
- Temporary effects (the product is reversible/biodegradable) that can be easily corrected if you are unsatisfied with the results
Should You Consider A Lip Augmentation?
If any of the following effects concern you, you may be an ideal candidate for a Lip Augmentation at the London Lipo Institute:
- Your lips have always been thin and seem to disappear when you smile
- As you have aged, your lips have become thinner and less full
- You feel self-conscious about how your lips look
- Having fuller lips will help balance out your face
Every year, thousands of people undergo a successful lip enhancement and are pleased with the results. However, if your lips are too large and overwhelm your face, you may not be a suitable candidate for Lip Fillers and might instead consider a Lip Reduction surgery.
What Happens to the Lips During Aging?
As part of the natural ageing process, the composition of our lips and surrounding tissues alter. From the peak of fullness in your 20’s, your lips begin to change:
- The volume of your lips depletes, leaving a thinner, flatter appearance.
- Wrinkles and fine lines appear, and the vermillion borders (the dark pigment of the lips) and Cupid’s bow (or philtrum column – the double curved shape of the upper lip) become less defined.
- The area around your mouth and between your upper lip and nose can become flattened.
- Other factors such as gravity, genetics and smoking can cause the corners of the mouth to turn downward or droop, creating a tired, aged appearance.
At this point, even those who were born with perfectly beautiful lips may want to consider a lip enhancement.
Aesthetic Benefits of Lip Injections
Lip Fillers are a safe and natural way to enhance the volume, contour, definition and overall shape of your lips for a fresh, natural, new look. Besides creating the lips you have always wanted, treatment can improve the signs of aging by addressing your lips’ texture and smoothness, and filling the lines and wrinkles that are caused by smoking and/or pursing the lips over time.
- Vertical lines (or lipstick bleed lines) and smile lines can be softened by enhancing the edge of the lips
- Creation of a natural contour for the lips through the restoration or enhancement of the volume of the lips
- Lifting the edges of the lips to restore their youthful position
- Create a stronger, more beautifully defined Cupid’s bow (below the philtrum column)
- Treating the area underneath the mouth (the marionette area) to provide support to the lip, thereby improving shadows and the profile of the lower face
Your Lip Injections
Lip Augmentation takes approximately 20 minutes. You will first be given a small icepack to apply to your lips to cool them down. This acts to numb the nerves so that the treatment is as comfortable as possible. The cold also causes blood vessels to constrict, therefore significantly decreasing swelling and bruising after the lip injections. If necessary, Dr. Mihail COJOCARU can apply a topical anesthetic cream or even inject local anesthetic (freezing) in order to numb the lips and make your experience completely pain free.
During the procedure, Dr. Mihail COJOCARU injects small amounts of Lip Filler directly into your lips using a unique, fine needle that causes minimal trauma to the injection sites. After the treatment, you will stay in the clinic and apply an ice pack for a further 10 minutes. This is once again to help minimize bruising and swelling. However, you should expect to have some slight swelling, which usually resolves during the first 2 days after treatment. Most people can return to work immediately and full written aftercare instructions will be given to you.
Find out more
You can find out more about lip augmentation on our blog pages. At „ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, we have a number of plastic surgeons experienced in lip augmentation. To book a free consultation, please call us on +40356177771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please fill out the contact box below and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
To book your free personalised lip augmentation consultation: