Restoring Your Youthful Appearance
The effects of aging, gravity and sun exposure can leave your face looking older than your actual years. As we age skin loses elasticity, and muscle tone decreases along with a loss of fatty tissue beneath the skin, resulting in sagging skin and wrinkles.
Gravity plays a role as well. As the skin loses its elasticity, gravity pulls down the eyebrows and creates loose skin around the cheeks and jaw. While there is no way to fight gravity or stop the aging process, our surgeons can restore a more youthful appearance for patients using their innovative facelift procedures. The most important part is that the results look natural, without looking fake or overdone.
What is a Facelift?
While “facelift” is a generally descriptive term, it refers to a number of procedures that will change the look of the lower face, including cheeks, jowls, and neck. The procedure entails incisions placed in front of and behind the ear.
A “deep” facelift involves tightening the muscles deep beneath the skin. This is a more involved procedure that requires longer recovery and more discomfort.
A neck lift is a procedure that helps to address skin redundancy or deformity and involves an incision that is placed behind the ear and usually beneath the chin.
An “upper facelift” involves the eyelids and brow area, and is usually done in conjunction with a lower facelift, which includes the neck, cheeks and jowls.
A “mini” lift is for patients that have minor concerns about the appearance of their cheeks and jowl. This procedure is often done on patients to refresh a previous facelift.
Benefits of Facelift Surgery
- Tightening loose skin: Loose and sagging facial skin can make a person appear a lot older than they actually are, while taut facial skin is a sign of youthful vitality. Our surgeon’s innovative facelift techniques can completely remove loose skin from the lower face and neck creating a more vibrant, youthful appearance.
- Removal of wrinkles: When the skin on the face is tightened wrinkles are eliminated, helping to eliminate a telltale sign of ageing.
- Repositioning of facial fat: At times a facial contour that is undesirable is a result of fat deposits in the face. Our surgical technique includes repositioning of fat deposits to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing facial contour.
Am I a Candidate for a Facelift?
A facelift with our surgeons will restore a more youthful appearance, helping to correct many of the visible signs of aging in the face and neck area. Reasons for having a facelift include:
- Sagging in the mid-face area
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Deep creases along the nose extending down to the corner of the mouth
- Loose skin and excessive fatty deposits under the chin area, resulting in a “double chin” or “turkey neck”
- Facial fat that is displaced or drooping, creating exaggerated jowls
There are other factors that help determine if you are a good candidate for facelift surgery, including:
- Skin condition: Your skin should have some amount of flexibility. The facelift is designed to stretch the facial skin to lift sagging skin and remove deep wrinkles.
- Bone structure: A well-defined underlying bone structure in your face will provide needed support for the alterations that occur during a facelift.
Good health: You should be in good health and be free of any major medical conditions prior to your surgery. This is key for proper healing and recovery after your procedure.
Most importantly, you should have realistic expectations about your goals for surgery. Ideally, you want to look like a revitalised, refreshed version of yourself. The best way to determine if you’re a candidate for a facelift is to schedule a consultation with one of our specialist facial surgeons
Complementary Procedure: Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery
Eyelid surgery is the most common procedure done with a facelift. In fact, these procedures are performed together more often than not. While a facelift focuses on the cheeks, jowls and neck area, eyelid surgery addresses other issues that may affect your appearance.
Reasons for having eyelid surgery in conjunction with a facelift include:
- Puffiness around the eyes that make you look older than you actually are.
- Hooded eyelids that make you look permanently fatigued, even if you are full of energy.
- Hooded eyelids that are affecting your eyesight and your ability to see
- Sagging skin and wrinkles under the eyes.
There are two types of blepharoplasty surgeries. Depending on your needs and goals, you may need one or both performed:
Surgery on the upper eyelid involves the removal of excessively stretched skin that can cause multiple wrinkles or hooding on to the eyelash line. If there is an underlying droopiness of the lid, a muscle repair can be performed through the incision at the same time.
During surgery on the lower eyelid, the surgeon will redistribute the fat within the lower eyelid, which removes the appearance of bags and under-eye puffiness.By addressing these problems at the same time as a facelift, a greater portion of the face can be rejuvenated, providing a more enhanced appearance. Another procedure that can be employed is a brow lift, in order to minimise wrinkles on the forehead. The best way to determine if this procedure is appropriate in conjunction with a facelift is to discuss it with our surgeons during your consultation.
What Can You Expect With A Facelift? – Find Out More
During your initial consultation, the surgeon will:
- Review your medical history and any medications you are taking
- Discuss the procedure and any related procedures
- Provide recommendations based on your needs and goals
You can find out more about facelift surgery on our blog pages. At „ ESTET & GYN ” Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, we have a number of plastic surgeons experienced in facelift surgery. To book a free consultation, please call us on +40356177771 or email email@example.com .
Alternatively, please fill out the contact box below and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
To book your free personalised facelift consultation: