Tumescent Breast Augmentation (TBA)
A meticulous new surgical technique to eliminate the most common problem associated with breast implants.
Capsular Contracture, although rare, is one of the most common problems that could develop after Breast Augmentation surgery. Much research has been carried out into finding the cause and the treatment for this condition. The latest evidence suggests that minimizing bleeding during and after surgery will help lower the risk of Capsular Contracture. To address this issue, Dr. Mihail COJOCARUuses a new bloodless surgical technique to perform breast enlargement.
Meticulous surgical technique, careful monitoring and post-surgical care at the “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania all work together to ensure that we offer you the best possible long-term results.
What is Tumescent Breast Augmentation (TBA)?
During Bloodless Breast Augmentation, Dr. Mihail COJOCARUuses a special surgical instrument to carefully dissect the breast tissue and, at the same time, cauterise small blood vessels to prevent them from bleeding.
This means that the procedure is virtually bloodless, such that during the entire surgery, only a few drops of blood may be lost.
Can I Have Tumescent Breast Augmentation?
Any patient is a candidate for Tumescent Breast Augmentation. The only requirement is that the patient is both willing and suitable to have the surgery done through the breast fold (Infra-Mammary).
However, some women prefer to have the surgery through the armpit (Trans-Axillary), or areola (peri-areolar) which is not compatible with the tumescent technique.
What Are the Benefits of Tumescent Breast Augmentation (TBA)?
The benefits of the bloodless technique include:
- Decreased risk of Capsular Contracture (or implant hardening)
- Longer lasting results
- Less pain
- Less swelling
- No bruising
Breast Augmentation Incisions and Scars
All Breast Augmentation procedures involve the placement of a small incision through which a breast implant is inserted during surgery. The incision can be made in one of four possible places on a woman’s body:
- Breast fold (Infra-Mammary Breast Augmentation)
- Areola (Peri-Areolar Breast Augmentation)
- Armpit (Trans-Axillary Breast Augmentation)
- Belly button (Trans-Umbilical Breast Augmentation)
A permanent scar remains after surgery where each incision was placed. At “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, Dr. Mihail COJOCARU is an expert at creating scars that are beautifully concealed and virtually undetectable. The technique that is chosen for your surgery will therefore depend on:
- Your existing breast anatomy
- Personal goals
- The content of your breast implants (saline or silicone)
- The profile and size of your breast implants
- The intended position of your breast implants (above or below the chest muscle)
It is possible that your breast enlargement may be suitable for more than one approach, in which case, you will be able to decide where you would prefer your scars to be concealed.
Infra-Mammary Breast Augmentation
A small incision is made within the breast fold, providing direct access and easy implant placement into the pocket either above or below the chest muscle.
This is the most popular approach to Breast Augmentation (for women having a well defined breast fold).
- Direct visibility of breast pocket creation and implant positioning.
In women with deep folds, the scar is hidden by the breast.
- Good approach for additional breast surgery.
- Good approach for treatment of cases of mildly sagging breasts.
- Excellent access for placement of silicone implants.
- Compatible with the Bloodless Breast Augmentation technique, perhaps thereby further minimizing the risk of Capsular
- Contracture formation.
- No breast tissue is injured through this approach and there is therefore no possible effect on breastfeeding.
- Scar under the breast.
- Hard to hide scar on small, tight breasts, without deep folds.
- Scar may be visible when you are lying flat.
Find out more
You can find out more about breast augmentation on our blog pages. At “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, we have a number of plastic surgeons experienced in breast augmentation surgery. To book a free consultation, please call us on +40356177771 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please fill out the contact box below and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
To book your free personalised breast augmentation consultation: