UNDERSTANDING YOUR BREASTS
A natural breast in women is composed of three main components that sit above the chest wall: skin, fat, and glandular breast tissue (milk ducts and milk-producing glands).
- Women have various amounts of harder glandular tissue in the breasts, which may not develop proportionally with the rest of the body. Breast implants can be used to add volume to the breasts, but cannot reshape the glandular tissue.
- Fat represents the majority of volume in most breasts and is responsible for their soft and pliable feel. Gaining weight will increase your breast size, but will also increase your overall body size. Breast fat is easily reshaped by the addition of a breast implant.
- Skin is the envelope that holds it all together. In women with minimal breast tissue (small breasts), the skin will need to stretch more to accommodate a breast implant.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION?
The best candidates are women who have all the information, fully understand what the surgery involves and its limitations, and who have a realistic expectation. Besides fundamentally improving confidence, self-esteem and body image, common reasons for Breast Augmentation are:
- SMALL BREASTS
- ASYMMETRICAL BREASTS
- DROOPING OR SAGGING BREASTS AFTER PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING
- CHANGES IN BREAST SIZE OR SHAPE DUE TO WEIGHT LOSS
Aesthetic Benefits of Breast Augmentation
The benefits of surgery at „ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania
- Additional volume to the lower half of the breast with a gentle upward curve towards the chest wall
- A more bubbly, rounded (or push-up) look
- Proper projection: on profile, the nipple sits directly behind the part of the breast that projects the fullest
- The nipple is located above the breast fold (if the nipple sits below the breast fold, that by definition is a drooping breast)
- Breast size is proportionate to chest width, waist size and height
- Breast are more symmetric
Limitations of surgery:
- Breast implants cannot lift the breasts; when a breast hangs low, a Mastopexy procedure may be required as part of, or in addition to, an augmentation
- Implant edges and implant awareness may be more pronounced in thinner patients with minimal existing breast tissue
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Dr. Mihail COJOCARU will discuss with you all the possibilities that are appropriate for your body, and determine what is the best implant approach for your breasts and personal goals.
The decision to have Breast Augmentation is a major step for most women and extremely personal. Dr. Mihail COJOCARU therefore always guides and supports his prospective patients through every stage of this process. During an initial consultation at our clinic, you will discuss your reasons for wanting Breast Augmentation and will undergo a thorough medical check-up.
Breast Implant Choices
Many different techniques, many options. One is right for you.
At the “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania a number of factors, such as breast implant size, shape, composition and placement will be carefully chosen to create the perfect breast size and shape for your body type. Prior to your consultation, we recommend that you prepare photos of cosmetic results in other patients that approximate your personal goals. This will give Dr. Mihail COJOCARUa better understanding of exactly what sort of breast enhancement you are looking for. For this purpose, there are numerous websites that show Before and After photos of Breast Augmentation patients.
Key points to remember:
- A breast implant is a sac (implant shell) made of highly durable silicone, and filled with either saline or a cohesive silicone gel to add volume.
- Breast augmentation is surgery to insert implants beneath the breasts to enlarge them.
- The implant type and size depends on how much bigger you want your breasts to become and on your breast anatomy, skin elasticity and body type.
- Breast implant augmentation is not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants.
- Dr. Mihail COJOCARUwill discuss with you the risks and benefits of breast implants and what results you can expect
- Saline implants are filled with a sterile saltwater (saline) solution that is similar to the fluid that naturally exists in the human body. Should a saline implant rupture or leak, the saline solution would be absorbed by your body and cause no ill effects. Click here to learn more about Saline implants.
- Silicone implants are approved by the medicines and healthcare product regulatory agency (MHRA). Silicone implants are filled with a cohesive silicone gel that holds uniformly together and is available in different densities. A silicone implant has a more natural, pliable quality that more closely resembles natural breast tissue than saline. Click here to learn more about Silicone implants.
What is breast profile?
The profile of a breast implant refers to how much the implant protrudes forward from your chest wall.
A low profile implant is very flat, while a higher profile implant will protrude forward (stick out) from your body and create a more prominent breast.
While some patients prefer the bubbly appearance of high profile implants, those wishing for a more natural look should choose a medium plus profile implant.
Choosing the right size breast implant will probably be the most important and difficult decision you will need to make prior to surgery.
During your consultation, Dr. Mihail COJOCARUwill determine and recommend the right implant to fit your existing proportions, a method known as Dimensional Breast Augmentation; you might instead decide to choose a size that goes beyond what has been suggested.
Dr. Mihail COJOCARUwill also evaluate your existing breast tissue to determine if you have sufficient tissue to cover and hide your chosen implant size.
If the size you have chosen is too big, the implant edges may become visible following your surgery.
Breast implants can be Round or Shaped (also known as Anatomic, Teardrop or Contoured implants).
Although Shaped implants provide a more natural, teardrop shape to the breasts, the vast majority women prefer the upper fullness (upper pole) provided by Round implants.
Breast implants can be placed over the chest muscle (sub-glandular) or under the chest muscle (sub-muscular).
The position of the implant above or below the muscle will influence the final appearance of your breast enhancement. Going over the muscle is less painful and has a quicker recovery, but is associated with a slightly greater risk of Capsular Contracture and increased implant visibility.
Going under the muscle has the added benefit of giving a more natural look, particularly in thinner patients with small breasts
Breast Implant Placement
Our Unique Approach
Finding the right surgeon and choosing the best implants for your body are the core choices when it comes to Breast Augmentation surgery.
At ” ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, our unique approach to Breast Augmentation will ensure that your whole experience, from the moment of your first consultation with Dr. Mihail COJOCARU, right through to your full recovery after surgery, is as positive and comfortable as it can be. Individualised planning, meticulous surgical technique, careful monitoring and post-surgical care all combine to ensure that we offer you the best possible long-term results for your breast enhancement.
Breast Augmentation Safety
As with any surgical procedure, no matter how routine, Breast Augmentation is associated with potential complications. At the “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania we take many safeguards during surgery to minimise your risk of developing problems and ensure the best possible recovery. Although extremely rare, thereafter, complications with breast implants can occur weeks, months or even years later and include:
- Capsular contracture formation (further information is given here)
- Breast implant infection
- Implant rupture and deflation
Most patients at the “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania have no problems with their implants and continue to enjoy having the breasts they have always desired. Current generation implants are made from an extremely durable silicone shell to decrease the risk of implant leakage or rupture. In the case of silicone-filled implants, the amount of silicone released across the shell (silicone-gel bleed) is limited to:
- More than a million times less than established safety limits (based on the results of FDA reviewed studies).
- More than a hundred times less than the amount of silicone absorbed from daily exposure to common consumer products containing silicone, such as antiperspirants, skin lotions and hair care products.
However, if any breast implant is found to be defective (leak or rupture), since all our implants come with a lifetime warranty, you will receive a brand new implant to replace the damaged one
Alternatives to Breast Implant Augmentation
Alternatives to breast implant augmentation may include:
- Fat transfer Breast Augmentation
(further information is given here).
- Breast Lift surgery (Mastopexy).
- Wearing padded bras
- Accepting yourself – talking to a counsellor or clinical psychologist may help you overcome your concerns about your appearance and accept yourself as you are
Find out more
You can find out more about breast augmentation on our blog pages. At “ ESTET & GYN ” - Clinic of Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery from Timisoara, Romania, we have a number of plastic surgeons experienced in breast augmentation surgery. To book a free consultation, please call us on +40356177771 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please fill out the contact box below and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
To book your free personalised breast augmentation consultation: